Sunday, November 20, 2011

Second speak response

Statement #9 Parents simply don't understand the problems teenagers go through.
     I still agree with this statement because in the book Melinda didn't want to tell her parents what the problem was, but if she did they could have probably helped her. They could have helped her get through the year and could have probably cut her some slack. She didn't think her parents would understand they might not have understood entirely but could relate to some extent.
     All though at one point in the story her parents didn't understand her. At Christmas time her parents got her a sketchpad and pencil. " They give me a handful of gift certificates, a TV for my room, ice skates, and a sketchpad and pencils. They said they noticed me drawing." pg.72.They noticed she had been drawing a lot lately. She was really only drawing because she was having problems. Her parents misunderstood her completely. Which made her feel sad and about to cry. They were just trying to help. Parents most of the times can help and understand but sometimes they don't understand and try to help but make it worse.
  Also in the book she just wanted to lay in bed and do nothing the whole vacation but they made her work. " I had 2 days before my parentsdecided I wasn't going to "lounge ariund the house all vacation" I have to go to work with them." Her parents cleary did not understand what she was going through. But if she just told her parents in the first place maybe she could have stayed home and didn't have to go through going to work.
       All in all I think parents do understand it is just you have to make sure that you are clear with telling them the problem. They are always there to help and always willing to help. Thats why I agree with this statement.

2 comments:

  1. I am agree with the parents simply dont understand what the teenagers go through in Melinda's case.Because you could see how her parents dont put attention to her and they dont even noticed that something it is happened to Melinda.They are more worry in their own thing.And they dont have another daughter ,Melinda is her only daughter,what it can be more important then she if you see her that she dent smile and she is falling in her grades ,something must be happened to her.
    I think the third because you can see that Melinda's parents are paying attention more to their stuff than Melinda.
    I like your introduction because you can really see the point that you want to make.

    ReplyDelete